Cutting glass is easier when you are using a glass cutter. But there are other ways to cut glass where you don’t need to use a glass cutter. If you are looking for creative ways to cut glass, then you are in the right place. In this post, we will tell you two of the most effective ways to cut glass without using a glass cutter.
Ways To Cut A Glass Without Glass Cutter
For those who want to know how to cut glass without a cutter, here is what you need to do.
Many of you may not know this, but you can cut glass quite easily using scissors. For this, you need a large bucket of water which should be big enough to fully submerge the glass. Also, there should be some space left so that you can work underwater.
- First, make a line on the glass from where you want to start cutting.
- Now submerge the glass fully into the bucket of water.
- Use the scissors to start cutting along the line that you drew. The glass will cut like a thick paper.
However, the line where you end will not be sharp or perfect. But that can be cleaned with the help of a whetstone or a blowtorch. All you have to do is gently rub the edges until you get the desired finish.
Another technique is to use wire. Even for this method, you need water but in a tray big enough to accommodate the glass.
- Lie the glass flat and submerge it in the water.
- Use a sharp tool to make a line on the glass.
- You need a wire that is longer than the cut. Also, shape the ends into loops.
- Now put a piece of wood through the loops you made and tighten it to make a handle.
- Heat the wire and place it along the line you made.
- Once done, put the glass in the water and submerge it. The heat against the cold water will automatically cut along the line.
With the help of these two methods, you can easily cut glass without using a glass cutter.