As a property owner, you are probably wondering – Do I really need a property management service? Managing rental properties in Ventura County can be more complicated than you think. It is more than just about finding a random tenant. You have to be sure that you are leasing out to the right person, and more importantly, they will pay the rent on time. Working with the right service, like Real Property Management Ventura County, can have multiple benefits. The role of a property management company is often understated. In this post, we are sharing more on how you can compare and choose between different services.
Check for insurance and licenses
This one is down to the basics. A property management service needs to be licensed and insured. They also need to have necessary permits and permissions, if required. You may want to check if the company has good reviews in the local area. Besides checking on Google, you can also consider asking for references.
Find what they offer
Most property management companies offer a similar profile of services, but not all are the same. You may want to check a few things like –
- Do they do tenant background screenings?
- If yes, what details do they check?
- Do they have a network for local marketing of rental properties?
- Will they take over maintenance, repairs, and inspections?
- How many people work in their team?
- Who will be talking to the tenant on your behalf?
- How can you get updates on rental income?
- Can they handle multiple properties at the right price?
- Are they experienced with evictions?
- Will they handle all the lease-related paperwork and addendums?
As a landlord or rental property owner, you have to be sure that you can count on the property management service. The company should be able to manage most aspects of the task, and without charging a huge fee.
Think of ongoing communication
Like we mentioned, you need a property manager that’s accessible around the clock, or at least during business hours. They should be able to guide on how your rental properties are faring and if additional spending on repairs or aesthetics can add to your income. Make sure that you don’t select a service merely because they are the cheapest in business.
Instead, just hire one that you can trust and think of having a long-term relationship. You can expect to improve tenant retention too.