The protection of the door is measured by its resistance capacity against tearing, use of crowbar, pushing, use of weights and other impact tools and sawing cutting using a grinder.
The size and number of latch bolts, the latch bolt is the part that engages the striker to lock the door – has a direct impact on the pullout.
Reinforcement and quality
Its reinforcements and their intrinsic qualities are decisive for the resistance of the safe to the aforementioned attacks. Increased quality hinges , the thickness of the door frame , the thickness of the door itself and reinforcements on the latter are all guarantees to protect your door from any tearing, knocking and sawing or cutting (at the using a grinder or a blowtorch, for example). You can choose the security safes there.
What are the standards of safes
To see a little more clearly and be sure to put your personal items in a safe worthy of the name, four standards should be remembered.
- Relates to the resistance of the materials without taking into account the reinforcements.
- Evidence of the trunk’s resistance to fire , thermal shock and fall.
- Approves the resistance of the lock against forced opening.
The A2P standard refers to the resistance of the lock in terms of time in the face of attempted break-ins:
- A2P: resistance to forced opening of 5 minutes minimum.
- A2P: resistance to forced opening of 10 min minimum.
- A2P: resistance to forced opening of 15 min min.
How to insure the objects of my safe
Let’s sum up. You have chosen the type of safe, retained a useful volume, opted for a locking system, properly installed the safe and you have referred to the standards in force to be certain that your valuables are protected, good news, all you have to do is insure them. To do this, it is recommended that you contact your insurer for confirmation.
Safe with insurable value
A final selection criterion is to be considered: your safe must be “of insurable value”. The safes are insurable but their amount is relative to a class and standard.
- Needless to say, the higher the class, the more expensive the safe and the expensive insurance.
5 tips for choosing a safe
- Indeed, having a quality safe is reassuring, however, it goes hand in hand with protection of the home and this requires a house alarm and a systematic door lock, and if possible with a multi-point lock.
- A sight deposit box loses its effectiveness and if it is not securely fixed or built-in, you might as well say that you did not understand the purpose of such an installation.
- Hiding your safe behind a painting is a very good idea for those who want it to be discovered quickly. Be ingenious and be inventive, really hide your safe.
- If you buy a safe to protect computer data, be aware that data on hard drives can be damaged from 50 ° C.
- Take the time to read the descriptions of the safes, all of their properties are specified with great precision.