Garden pests are intrusive creatures which invade your garden whenleast expected. They are very offensive as they can damage your crop beyond recovery. Pests which can attack your gardenvary and they include birds, deer, snails, locusts, caterpillars, worms and aphids.Every time you have a crop in your garden you must have the idea of pest removal to safeguard your crop. Do-It-Yourself, popularly known as DIY, will come in handy especially if you want to save cash and time amongst other benefits. When it comes to removal of pests in your garden area, these DIY Tips will be of much help to ensure efficiency and satisfaction.
- If you have to use synthetic chemicals to get rid of pests from your garden area, your safety should come first. Chemicals can be harsh to your skin and can cause serious breathing problems if inhaled.
- Wear safety gears such as face masks, gloves, gumboots, and aprons every time you use pesticides.
- Follow procedures of handling the pesticides as indicated on the manufacturer’s guidelines. Remember that synthetic pesticide residues when washed in waterways are harmful to the habitat so observe the Governments laid procedures when disposing containers and any leftover chemicals.
- If you are mechanically removing pest beware of insects which can sting you and leave painful bites on your skin.
Organic pest removal techniques
- The best way to remove pests from your garden is by using organic techniques. Organic chemicals dissolve completely and do not leave dangerous residues in the soil.
- Your crop will be safe for human consumption if you use organic methods to remove pests. Synthetic chemicals eliminate all pests but eventually they may develop resistance hence rendering the chemicals non-efficient in the long run.
- Backyard chicken will peck pests from your garden but you should be careful because chicken can destroy crops such as beans and lentils. You can use yellow sticky cards by placing them between the branches of the plants to catch insects.
- For pests like deer and other wildlife a good fence around your garden will do better than synthetic chemical baits.
Home-made garden pesticides
- Consider preparing home-made pesticides as opposed to buying. Mixing simple ingredients which are easy to get at home will provide you with organic pesticides.
- Good proportions of natural soap mixed with water are some of the ingredients which are available at home and can be used to make organic home-made garden pesticides.
- Pepper, garlic, and tomato leafs when pounded and mixed with water eliminate garden pest efficiently and effectively. You will be exited to know that table salt can help rid your garden off slugs and snails when sprinkled directly on them.
- Home-made pesticides do not have manufacturer’s guide and Government disposal tips meaning they are simple and easy to use. They do not require much expertise to handle.
DIY removal of pests from your garden costs you less money and is fun and fulfilling. You will only be able to assess each and every detail of your gardening if you Do-It-Yourself other than when you engage other people. It is easy and satisfying if you follow these simple tips. The desired outcome of eliminating these offensive creatures will see you fulfillyour desire which is to have a continuous supply of fruits and vegetables and a good harvest every season. You can also contact Pest Exterminators if you are looking for theprofessional pest control services team in North London.