Doors and windows help to create an airy and bright living space. Windows are designed to be kept open, but the problem arises when insects or other kind of bugs enter inside your home. Even when you open the door many types of flies and mosquitoes enter inside the house.
Some kinds of pests are life-threatening, so you need to find some healthy way of getting Vitamin D inside the house without making indoor living space more vulnerable. Family health is crucial!
Fortunately, fly screens available for doors and windows can help to eliminate the unwanted pest issue. In the UK, homeowners can check the website ukflyscreens.com for premium quality fly mesh screens for their doors and windows.
The manufacturer has been supplying Italian-designed screens for more than 25 years. Their products are FSA [Food Safety Regulation] approved and the prices are competitive. You can get a range of products for commercial and residential doors & windows.
Types of frames
Understand the different types of fly screen frame characteristics to choose a suitable one for your house.
- Fixed fly screen – It holds the screen in place even if there are strong rain and wind. It is available in a sliding door or hinged design. This type is popular because it is versatile, practical, and affordable. Nevertheless, it is available in lots of colors and other accessories. Remember, a fixed fly screen is a permanent solution.
- Retractable flyscreen – These are popular as roller screens as it works like the roller blinds [instead of cloth, it has mesh]. It disappears as you pull a cord with a single touch and you can glide the door without any effort. The design offers easy access yet is incredibly durable. The type is an ideal balance for protection from the sun and wind without hindering the outdoor views.
- Magnetic fly screen – Magnetic tape allows attaching the fly screen with ease. It becomes easy to open and close this insect screen for accessing the window. There is no need to make holes and it can be installed with ease on metal or concrete. You can remove them when summer ends and store them in winter to install them again next summer. Cleaning is easy with water and a sponge.
Which screen is better?
For push-out and casement windows, a magnetic fly screen is convenient. For windows that don’t need to be opened entirely or hinged & sliding doors fixed screens can be great. For homeowners, who are not happy with a fly screen can choose retractable screens because they retract into their casing whenever you don’t need them.
How to choose an insect screen for doors and windows?
- The mesh needs to be fine enough to keep the mosquitoes, bees, flies, and wasps out of the house.
- Dirt and dust build up over time, so you will need to clean them regularly with a moist cloth. Ensure that the material is easy to wipe.
- Choose a screen color and design that naturally blends with the surrounding without any concerns of obstruction.
- Ensure that the mesh blocks insects but allows fresh airflow inside the house.
- Screen durability and strength will depend on the manufacturer, so find a reliable supplier.