Millions of homeowners and business people prefer concrete pools. However, such pools are prone to cracks, especially if they are poorly constructed. The good news is that concrete pool renovation Perth can help resolve such a problem.
Reasons why Renovate a Concrete Pool
- To remedy leakages; concrete pools ought to hold water for a long period, usually 24 hours a day. Unfortunately, if a pool has a crack, it means that it will leak. As a result, you’ll have to foot a huge water bill at the end of the month.
- To stop the erosion of concrete; concrete pool renovation helps to prevent further erosion of concrete. Remember that a leak allows water to escape at a supersonic speed hence eroding concrete.
- To prevent the creation of water-logged areas; another common problem renovation helps to resolve is the creation of swamp-like areas. Remember that such areas provide a fertile ground for insect breeding such as mosquitoes.
- To avoid a higher cost of pool constructions; if there are several leaks, it will mean that more concrete will be eroded. As a result, it will become necessary to construct the pool afresh. That’s why it’s important to consider Concrete pool renovation Perth early.
- To renovate old and unusable pools; some pools may become unusable after some time, especially if they leak. Renovation helps to give new life to such concrete pools. You won’t believe how shiny the pool will look after the services.
How to Hire a Good Pool Renovation Company
Since we understand why people renovate concrete pools, let’s get to know how to hire a good renovation company. Well, a client needs to take a few essential factors into advisement to hire a good renovation company. Here are some of the most fundamental factors to consider.
- Cost of renovation; sometimes the cost of renovation may help gauge how suitable a company is. For instance, if a company gives you a meagre budget, it means they may not deliver good work. Therefore don’t be tempted to consider the firm that gives you the least cost.
- The reputation of the company; most companies have a website. Thus you can easily access customer reviews. If a company has good customer ratings, it means that it’s reputable hence worth consideration.
- Experience of the renovators; most renovation companies such as concrete pool renovation Perth will give you a contact form. Kindly go through the form to see the level of experience of the renovators.
Essential Steps of Concrete Pool Renovation
Concrete pool renovators follow a few steps when renovating your concrete pool. Here are some of the unavoidable steps that every renovator must follow.
- Draining the concrete pool; the first step after identification of all the cracks is to drain the water. Renovators can now get a better view of all the cracks your pool has. This information will come in handy in the estimation of the renovation cost.
- Resurfacing the pool; the second step is to resurface the whole concrete pool. This step is especially basic for old concrete pools.
- Addition of tiles; the third vital step is tilling especially by replacing worn-out tiles. Tilling may take at least 3 to 4 days.
- Plumbing; this is not a mandatory step as it depends on the nature of the previous system. However, renovators need to seal the plumbing to enhance the life of your pool.
- Cleaning the pool; the next essential step of concrete pool renovation Perth is to clean the pool and add fresh water. Please first wait for a few days for the concrete to dry completely. Thereafter you can clean the pool using a brush then add fresh water.
In conclusion, it’s unwise to construct a new one if you already have an old one. Renovators will agree that it’s more economical to renovate an old concrete pool than to construct a new one. If you hire a good renovator you’ll be amazed by their work.