Pipe joints are integral to any of the piping systems and it is used to join two pipes together. Ends of the pipe are joined with threaded fittings and the joints are placed properly to check the pressure-flow if any leakage occurs. There are various materials are used in the piping industry depending on their needs and type of product to convey through the type.
A PVC plumbing fitting is used in the piping systems to connect the straight section of the pipe and to adapt the different sizes and shapes. It can be used for other purposes like regulating or measuring the fluid flow. There are several types of pipe joints that depend on pipe sizes, materials, etc.
Some of the methods available in pipe joining
- Soldering method: It is the process of joining two pipes together by melting a filler material with a low melting point into the joint. When the filler metal starts to cool it bonds the two pieces of metal substance together. For plumbing operations to be carried out is mostly done with copper piping. Soldering is to be done on three plumbing systems of water, waste and vent piping.
- Brazing method: This method is similar to the soldering method. The only difference that a filler metal with a low melting point than the metal being joined is mainly bused to fill a joint between the two base metals. It is mainly done on the water piping system. It is a forgiving technique.
- Threaded method: In this method, pipe and fittings as they relate to galvanized water piping is a dying option. It is only used for specialized fittings.
- Fuse seal method: This technology has been used when the plastics are being joined using cement. The basic procedure in this fuse technology is that a device is used to heat the fitting and piping to a certain level of temperature melting in a thin layer of polypropylene plastic, and allows the pipe to be inserted into the fitting. After some time, the pipe and fitting can no longer be manipulated and allows the fitting to cure.
- Mechanical joint method: It is the method of joining the pipe together or the way of coupling that uses the compression of a rubber gasket to ensure a tight water seal.
A common use of PVC plumbing fittings
- It is used for specific purposes to seamlessly adapt two or more similar or dissimilar size pipe segments, for connecting sections of bent and also to regulate the water supply by using a valve.
- When using PVC in plumbing fitting operations, you have to consider the few things. Water makes much noise when running through PVC to the copper pipe so that it makes the water to freeze in the pipe at lower temperatures.
- It is used to join different lines together or to navigate around an obstacle.
- PVC plumbing fitting plays a major role in home and business applications.
Pipe connectors and PVC plumbing fittings play the main role in some of the practical applications. So make use of the above-mentioned topics in an effective way to yield the best results.