Most people who have never encountered an apartment (or any other) moving, believe that there is nothing complicated and stressful in this process. On a moving day you pack up the furniture, decide on the date of the move, call a car and relocate your belongings. But, in fact, all these thoughts instantly disappear after a person is faced with moving closely. He or she tries to collect all things correctly and not to break or lose anything along the way. This article will provide helpful tips and tricks to help you avoid some of the common mistakes you make while moving. Moreover, what is important, these tips will be useful both during an independent move, and during a move carried out with the help of moving company specialists.
The main options for making the move
Currently, there are two main options for moving, which are used throughout the civilized world:
- moving, which is carried out on your own;
- relocation, which is helped by specialized (moving) companies.
If the issue of paying for the services of specialists is not too acute, it is best to use the services of the specialists of a moving company. They are real professionals who will help to carry out the move of any degree of complexity.
But many people decide not to resort to the services of specialists, but to do everything on their own. It allows you to save money and not resort to third-party moving services.
Basic principles of packing while relocating goods
At the new place, you will need to quickly find the most necessary things and documents. To do this, in order not to waste precious time, it is necessary to use the basic principles of marking and packing things and other goods while transporting them:
- moving boxes and bags (and other packaging containers) are marked on all sides. It will be convenient when you do not have to look for the place where the marking is applied while sorting things out in a new house;
- a notepad should include a list of all those things that are in labeled cardboard boxes and fabric / trash bags. During the move, a person will forget what and where it is, and the list will help to refresh his memory;
- you can also fold things according to the principle of their previous arrangement (box no. 1 – top shelf of a closet, box no. 2 – middle shelf of a closet …), but the list of things is much more convenient.
These packing principles must be strictly followed so that a normal and not very difficult move does not turn into a chaotic process leading to the loss of things. A clear plan will save time, nerves, and things.
Moving with the help of professional movers
You can entrust the implementation of the move to the professionals of the moving company, and save your own nerves and time. It is very important for specialists of a moving company to know the following information:
- the amount of furniture to be transported;
- the total volume of things (it will allow the operator to send the required number of vehicles for transportation);
- the size and weight of the largest belongings;
- from which and to which floor of the building the move will be made;
- whether there is an elevator in the house.
If you need packing services just tell the mover about it. Consequently, the moving estimate will increase as well. If a person decides to use the services of a cargo transportation company, you need to choose the one that has the greatest number of positive reviews about its work. You should always cooperate with professionals to make your move stress-free!