With the first sun and hot days, we want to be outdoors, enjoying our garden and pool. There is a question from many of our clients that is repeated season after season: Which of the two types of the Newcastle Decking should I choose? What are the differences between the wooden deck and the synthetic deck? Which is better?
Next, we made an analysis of the advantages and differences of the two outdoor Newcastle Decking systems so that you can draw your own conclusions.
Natural solid wood deck:
Traditional solid hardwood Newcastle Decking come in different varieties of wood that have special properties for outdoor use.
They are varieties of hardwoods, heavy, suitable for outdoor use, and resistant to inclement weather and humidity. They are types of wood widely used in the construction of wooden structures, pergolas, beams, floors, and houses.
Some benefits of wooden decks:
- The classic warmth and elegance of wood that, with its aesthetics, blends in with the natural environment of any garden. The touch, feel, and type of grain of the wood does not have other materials.
- Its durability. Some types of solid wood are actually very durable over the years and require only minimal maintenance after several seasons of use.
- Very practical and friendly to walk barefoot. Wood has very little heat absorption, so Newcastle Decking boards get very little heat from the sun.
- Wood is a noble and natural material, very versatile for making different types of coatings and designs. You will always be able to adapt to any idea.
- Wood is 100% ecological, natural, renewable, and recyclable.
WPC or synthetic PVC decks:
There are new and good alternatives to the use of natural wood on the market that has evolved a lot over the years. For example, WPC Decks (Wood Plastic Composite) and PVC Decks (Polyvinyl Chloride).
Special features of the WPC Decks:
- Being a composite material, the result of the combination of wood fibers, polyethylene, and in most cases a set of additives, it is the best alternative to wood.
- Design, aesthetics, and natural appearance imitating wood grain and nuances. It has anti-slip properties.
- Long durability and minimal or no maintenance: can be cleaned with soap and water. It does not require sanding or varnishing.
- Due to its composition, the best places for its installation are areas exposed to direct sun and rain, for example, terraces, gardens, around swimming pools. But, being a synthetic material, with direct sun your boards could raise temperatures.
In conclusion, after analyzing the different Newcastle Decking systems, the final choice will depend mainly on the uses, tastes, and needs of each client.